13 June 2011

28 down, 28 more to go!!

Well, tomorrow is the half way mark. I've been here for 28 days and it has gone by SOOO fast. It still seems like we have a while still, but thinking back to the first day, I can't believe it's already been a month! I love it here more and more everyday. There's still things that I miss, but I love it here. I think I could last here a lot longer than some of the other girls here. Have I already said that?? I really love it here.

We did laundry today, I have blisters on my hands from scrubbing and wringing. I have a new appreciation for washers and dryers. I think that's the appliance I miss most. Doing laundry here is seriously so hard. I can't
believe people do that here their whole lives. And I have all really light weight things. They wear jeans and suits and all these things that I could NEVER wash.

This week we went to the Accra mall and had American pizza, french fries, ice cream and brownies. It was SOOO good. Please appreciate the food you have available to you. I miss real meals. I feel like everything I eat is a snack...which is basically is...Breakfast we have bread with peanut butter and honey, for lunch we have the snacks we brought from home, and dinner is a real meal, but they definitely DON'T have a balanced diet here. We have almost all carbs, fruit if we're lucky, and some type of meat, but you know how I am with meat. I barely eat it at home, let alone when you know it was just slaughtered and skinned out back. I haven't had any dairy here, except the ice cream from the mall, and...no vegetables.

Then after we went to the mall we went and did baptisms for the dead in the Accra, Ghana temple.
It was really cool. Different from home, but at the same time very similar. Every temple does things differently though, so it's just like going to a different temple than you normally do. All the members here as SOOO accommodating. For example, after we finished, we were asking some of the temple workers the best way to get to a ward in Tema. In like two minutes people found the temple president to come talk to us, who got us another guy from Tema who was able to give us all the information we need. He was more than willing to give us his cell phone number, the bishop in Tema's number, the temple president's number. They're just willing to do anything for us. It's so great.

What else...I don't know. Life is good here in Ghana. That's all there is to it. Oh, I took out my braids last Thursday. I had them in for two weeks. I wanted to keep them in longer, but you can't get them wet and we were going to do baptisms, so I figured it was worth it. I don't know what else to write and I only have 10 minutes left on the internet.

Have such a lovely week. It's weird to me that it's summer at home now and everyone is out of school. I'm sad I'm missing all the partying, and baby Ellie, and everything else that comes with summer. I love you all!!!!!!

No comments: