05 June 2010

Let Freedom Ring, Let the White Dove Sing, It's Independence Day

You're probably thinking, "hey shay, it's not independence day. Getting a little too excited for your birthday, eh?" Wrong. But this blog is about how great July 4th is for a birthday. And now you're probably thinking "wow, this girl is cocky. She's writing a blog about how awesome her birth-day is." But really its not MY birthday. I just happened to get lucky and was born on that day.

So anyways, July 4th. I've decided it's the best day to be born on. Or at least the best holiday to be born on.
Reasons why:
  • Everyone has work off
  • It's in the summer
  • Everyone else isn't receiving presents also
  • But every IS celebrating
  • It's just a huge party
  • Everyone remembers it
  • You get to share birth-day's with this great nation!
It's not like...Valentine's Day or Halloween where it's a party, but you're doing something specific. the 4th of July is celebrating....a non tangible thing. So really it just becomes a huge celebration. Ya know? You catchin what I'm throwin down? 

Anyways, I really think it is a great birthday. So great that I've considered having one of my kids on that day, just to carry down the tradition. It's such a great birthday, I don't want it to end with me....Well obviously people will still be born on that day, but I don't want it to end with me in my current family and future family. So I imagine I'm going to try to have a child on July 4th.
It's the best birthday.

1 comment:

Lori Ann said...

you forgot the best part...you always have a ton of fireworks on your birthday! (I stalked your blog..I love reading blogs :))