01 June 2010

Lately I'm not dreaming, so what's the point in sleeping?

So here the blogging begins. I've known for quite some time that I was going to start a blog, and I knew it was going to be about all the things I never get to share with people, so I started a list. My list has become quite long, but I don't want to seem eager :), so I'm going pace myself on the blogs I post, even though I know what the next....12 posts are going to be about. So here's the first one. DREAMING.

I just realized something. I'm not a dreamer. I guess you could say I'm a realist, but when I say that, it sounds like I'm trying to make excuses for my behavior. But I realize it's not okay. I don't have high goals, or big aspirations. And it's becoming a problem. Basically I have 3 goals. Get a bachelors degree in Deaf Education, get married in the temple, and become a mother. Now maybe those seem like they are decent goals, which they are, but to a future employer who asks what what your long term goals are- that's not very impressive. I decided I need to start making goals. And writing them down. I want to become a dreamer.
One of my biggest pet peeves are people who talk big. I think that's why I'm not a dreamer, because I don't want to seem like I'm talking big. I usually aspire for things that are actually going to happen. But then I realized that if I never aspire to be anything great, I won't become anything great. I have to work for things, not let them fall in my lap.
So with that being said, here are my new goals. They are few, but it's a start right?
  • Run a triathlon in the fall (btw, this is coming along nicely. I've signed up. And started training)
  •  Go to Africa with Signs of Hope next summer.

No comments: